A refrigerator is a home appliance that has made our life easier in the present times. It is an equipment which is present in every kitchen. It keeps our food safe and slows bacterial growth. This prevents the illness which you may experience due to the growth of bacteria. It maintains a temperature of 40 degrees Fahrenheit. You can store vegetables, juices, fruits etc. in the refrigerator and use it as when the need arises. If these things are kept outside, they rot due to high temperature; refrigerators are tools of convenience as they keep all the food items cool.
Advantages of Single Door Refrigerators
Nowadays, it has become a necessity because we are living a fast life. The use of refrigerators keeps your food healthy and cool. So whether it is a single door or a double door refrigerator, each has its pros and cons. The single door refrigerators are very popular and sold on a large scale due to the following reasons:
- Energy-Efficient Refrigerator – Single door refrigerators are energy efficient, so power saving can be done. These consume very little power. Thus the electricity consumption is reduced.
- Compact Size – These are available in the size of 50 to 250 liters and are the best option for a small family. A sufficient quantity of food items can be stored to fulfill their needs.
- Economical – Single door refrigerators are budget-friendly. Branded refrigerators are available under Rupees 20,000. The people who have budget constraints can buy the same.
- Occupy Less Space – These are compact and due to this reason, occupy less space. In case your kitchen area is small, you can prefer buying a single door refrigerator. This saves your space, and other essential home appliances can be adjusted in your kitchen.
It is suggest that always choose a good budget refrigerator under 15000 for a better performance.
Disadvantages Of Single Door Refrigerator
Each home appliance has its pros and cons, and this is applicable to a single door refrigerator as well. Its main disadvantages are as follows:
- Refrigerator Has Less Capacity- The maximum space it has is 250 liters capacity. So you can place only within this capacity. Sometimes when many food items need to be stored for next-day consumption, then it becomes very difficult to do the same.
- Direct Cool Technology – It does not provide frost-free benefits. The ice which gets accumulated has to be cleaned manually. So you have to clean it when the need arises.
- Not Suitable For Big Families – It has space limitations. If your family is big, it fails to provide you benefits because you cannot store sufficient food items.
- Things Are Adjusted In A Congested Manner – The shelves are smaller, so they cannot place big utensils and bottles on it. If you try to put it, then you have to place it in a congested way.
- The Door Has A Bigger Radius When It Opens – When you open the door of a single door refrigerator, it takes more space. If any other kitchen equipment is placed nearby, it touches the same. This may create scratches on the same and causes inconvenience for the user.
- Do not Reflect Your Style Statement – Nowadays, with the advent of technology, everyday new appliances are coming in the market. Mostly these refrigerators do not give a modern look to your kitchen design but are the means of keeping your food cold.
Thus a single door refrigerator has its advantages and disadvantages. When you are planning to buy a refrigerator, always think about which type is best for you and meets all your requirements. This provides you with the satisfaction that you have made the right choice.