Multivitamin tablets emerged as a boon to our modern society! The market of health supplements has shown a sudden rise in the retailing of multivitamin tablets. People doing jobs under the private sector as bound to an intensely hectic lifestyle and, they can’t do much about it. However, people tend to forget the purpose behind why they started earning? It is to fulfill your desires, to lead a healthy and positive lifestyle.
Keeping yourself fit and healthy is very important. When we talk of fitness, it should be overall- physical, mental, and spiritual. There are various ways to come out of mental & spiritual conditions- such as yoga and exercise. There’s not much that you can do for being physically fit. Skipping breakfast and meals have become the trending habit these days.
Consuming multivitamin tablets have shown positive changes in people’s life. It helps to keep you physically fit and boosts up the mental coordination. Here are some details about the use, side effects and risks of multivitamin tablets–
1) Uses of multivitamin tablets:
Before moving on to the uses, you must know about the composition of these tablets. They contain a mixture of fat-soluble and water-soluble vitamins along with some minerals. Let us first look at the effects that these vitamins and minerals exert in our body individually:
- a) Fat-soluble vitamins-
- Vitamin A- This vitamin is essential to maintain the integrity of epithelium of eyes and keeps it away from excessive dryness. It is also beneficial for skin, teeth and bone development, and soft-tissue preservation.
- Vitamin D- This vitamin aids in the proper growth and functioning of teeth and bones. Sunshine vitamin is the other term used for this vitamin as its production is enhanced by sunbathing.
- Vitamin E- Biologists regard this vitamin as an antioxidant and, it works in coordination with vitamin K.
- Vitamin K- It is essential for coagulation and wound healing.
- b) Water-soluble vitamins-
- Vitamin B family- Vitamin B family consists of many vitamins that work individually for the enhancement of skin, metabolism, brain function, and red blood cell production.
- Vitamin C- Vitamin C is also essential for wound healing. It also works to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
- c) You would need a multivitamin tablet if you need to-
- Boost up your immunity.
- Delay aging.
- Prevent deficiency disorders.
- Maintain the strength of teeth and bones.
- Fail to take an adequate diet.
- Have any underlying pathology.
2) Side effects:
- Digestive problems- It can cause problems like vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain, and small and large bowel irritation.
- Urinary problems- It can cause altered frequency and discoloration of urine.
- Facial swelling- Edema can cause swelling of cheeks, lips, and eyes.
- Skin irritation- Skin irritation can be caused due to the release of inflammatory cells.
- Oral hygiene problems- Staining of teeth and unpleasant taste in the mouth.
3) Risk factor:
- People who have any allergy can show an exaggerated response to the normal dosage of multivitamin tablets.
- CNS or Heart patients should not use multivitamins with their first-line drugs.
- Drug interaction and over dosage are serious health conditions and must be immediately reported to the hospital.
We hope that we have covered all the necessary points. Thank-you!