An air fryer is a popularly-used kitchen appliance. You can use it to prepare fried foods like meat, pastries, and potato chips.
The Air Fryer works through hot air circulation around the food to produce a crunchy and crispy exterior. The chemical reaction takes place, which is the Maillard effect. This effect takes place between an amino acid and a reducing sugar when there is heat. It changes the color and food flavor.
Pros of cooking with an air-fryer
In the present world, people have many reasons to love air fryers. One of the main reasons is that you can preheat the food quickly. When you are following the cooking process, the heat does not go in the open air. Some of the following advantages are:
- Fast Cooking – The Air Fryer is much faster in cooking when compared to an oven or a stove. The unfair advantage that an air fryer has over oven is that the heat remains inside the food on preheating. It also heats frozen food within a limited time.
- Efficient – As the heat gets sustained while using an air fryer, you need not get worried about the kitchen becoming hot in the summer. The appliance has a compact size, so the air-fryer does not consume much electric power to run. Hence, your cooking is quicker, with minimum energy usage.
- Healthy Food – When you use a stove, it needs more oil to cook deep-fried food, which is unhealthy. However, the air fryer filters excess oil from food, which is ideal for snacks.
- Compact – Air-Fryers are usually smaller in size. It is best suited for small kitchens, apartments, or condos. Also, you can use the air-fryer in an RV or camper.
- User-friendly – The air-fryer is a user-friendly appliance. Hence, you need not be an expert in cooking to operate this appliance. You only need to place the food at the set temperature and time in the basket. The machine will complete the task.
Cons of Air Fryer
- Needs Constant Attention – Though the cooking is fast, you need to know the set temperature to get the perfect finished food. If you are frying at 300 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, even a minute can turn the crispy food black and flavorless.
- Food becomes dry – Burning is the main threat when you use the air-fryer. It needs constant monitoring, without which the food dries out quickly. Lack of oil is the reason for the food to get dried very quickly.
- Low Volume – When you cook for more people, you can put limited food inside the air fryer, which is not enough in a group, which leads to batch cooking.
After mentioning the pros and cons of an air fryer, it is for you to decide whether to go for it or not. The air-fryer has its disadvantages but recommended for healthy cooking.